The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Technology of Belize welcomes the Cultural Cooperation Agreement signed on the 12th of February 2023, between the Hon. Francis Fonseca, Belizean Minister of Culture, and H.E. Bruno Rodríguez Parilla, Cuban Minister of Foreign Affairs on behalf of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Cuba.
The Cultural Cooperation Agreement outlines 10 areas of cooperation and promotes the following:
- the exchange of artists and artistic groups;
- the exchange of commercial, promotional and cultural heritage exhibitions, and other material related to visual arts;
- participation of artists and personalities in relevant festivals and cultural events;
- recognition of the value of festivals in the promotion of awareness across cultures;
- interest in the signing of exchange and cooperation agreements on copyrights;
- the exchange of experiences in literary publications and books;
- the exchange of specialised documentation and artistic and technical personnel for the holding of workshops, seminars and conferences on cinema and audio-visual media;
The Cuban Government is also prepared to offer Belize, paid technical assistance and advisory services through D’ARTE, Agency for Technical and Professional Services of Culture, in areas of cultural management, community cultural work, and design of cultural programmes, as well as in the fields of folkloric and contemporary dance, classical ballet, visual arts, cultural heritage, and classical and popular music.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Technology is, in particular, grateful for the unfaltering commitment and support of the Government and People of the Republic of Cuba in areas of education and culture. We look forward to building on our relationship in an effort to collectively advance the prosperity and development of our people.